Focused Meditation develops the skill of unwavering concentration. It builds your personal power and increases the flow of your internal life force energy, Kundalini. As Kundalini flows through your body, it strengthens and heals your body’s energetic circuitry and increases its capacity to build and store energy. When you meditate, Kundalini softens the hardened neural pathways of your habitual behavior, making change easier.
There are many forms of meditative practices. Women’s Perfect Body program teaches focused meditation techniques called Diamond Mind Meditation. The name Diamond Mind comes from Tibet and refers to refining the many facets of the mind. With this refining, your mind becomes clear, strong and polished, like an impeccably cut diamond. Diamond, as you know, is practically indestructible and can cut through obstacles like a sharp knife cuts through butter. Buddhist Yogis practiced focused meditation techniques for thousands of years to perfect their minds and unite with the infinite intelligence of the universe. The powerful Kundalini energy that they were able to unleash within their bodies allowed them to live in frigid temperatures of the Himalayan Mountains, their naked bodies covered with merely a small piece of loincloth. These skillful Yogis measured their proficiency in generating energy by dipping cotton sheets in the icy lakes, wrapping them around their naked bodies and drying them with their internal body heat. You may not want to go to such extremes, but I think you get my point on how powerful these meditation techniques really are!
I have been teaching Diamond Mind Meditation for the past 19 years and it is part of the Women’s Perfect Body Program. While there is obviously a whole lot to this powerful process, here are a few simple tips to get you started:
- You do not need any previous experience in meditation to successfully learn and practice focused meditation.
- Find a quiet spot in your home. Your bedroom or any place that you will not be interrupted. Whenever possible, try to meditate in nature.
- Take a shower or splash water on your face to freshen up. Try not to eat a couple of hours before meditation.
- Sit up with your back straight. Do not lie down since lying down will relax you too much and you may fall asleep. You can either sit on the floor cross-legged or simply on a chair, but do not rest on the back of the chair. Keep your back vertical in whichever pose you choose, since the Kundalini energy will need to be able to travel up your spine. Breathe normally.
- In focused meditation, your mind must remain fully alert.
- Place a fresh cut flower, candle or a brightly colored rock in front of you, approximately at your eye level or just slightly lower. You need to be able to easily look at it without changing your posture and without having to tilt your head up or down. (In the Women’s Perfect Body Program, I teach focusing directly on the internal energy centers called the Chakras. But starting with an external focus, such as flower, candle, or small rock is also very effective.)
- To help you focus and create a protective energetic buffer, you can play music. I recommend energetic, happy music for this form of meditation. No sleepy, unstructured, yawn inducing new-age music, please. Some of my favorite meditation music albums are by the music group Zazen – “Samadhi”, “Enlightenment” and “Canyons of Light”. Also, by Tangerine Dream – “Poland”, Underwater Sunlight” and “Equinox”; by Vangelis – “Antarctica” and “Direct”; by Patrick O’Hern – “Between Two Worlds” and one of his later albums, “Glaciation”. Listening at medium volume on either stereo or headphones works equally well.
- Disconnect the phone so that it will not interrupt your meditation!
- Take a few slow deep breaths and place your focus on the object of your concentration while listening to the music. Try to narrow down your focus on the small area of the rock, flower petal, or one tiny spot inside the candle flame.
- When thoughts come into your mind, just ignore them. Simply look at the object and listen to the music.
- Start with 10-15 minutes and gradually increase the time to 30 continuous minutes. With consistent practice, your ability to focus will improve. In time, you may start to feel a warming or tingling sensation, or you may even feel slightly turned on sexually; you may also start to see the glow around the object of your focus – these experiences are normal and indicate that your Kundalini energy is beginning to awaken. Do not try to induce these experiences or focus on them, as this will simply bring you out of your meditative state. Your goal should be to simply maintain a complete and uninterrupted focus, to the best of your ability.
- When you finish meditating, bow slightly as a way of thanking the universe for the experience.
After you have been practicing focused meditation every day for just a few weeks (especially if you meditate in the mornings) you will notice that you have much more energy during the day! You will begin to notice that even though you are using your mind to focus, your thoughts slow down and as they do, they give way to powerful Kundalini energy. Your mind will become more clear and sharper, you will be much more alert; you will do better in school, work and athletics. As you continue to practice, your health should improve, as well as your mood and overall sense of wellbeing. In time, you will develop intuition that will enable you to be in the right place at the right time. In addition, regular practice of focused meditation will develop your willpower, an important quality in achieving success in life!
Affirmation for the day:
“I continually strive for self-improvement. Personal growth enriches my life. I take time to meditate every day. Meditation helps me to center and reconnect with the source of my being. My body and spirit are one!”
Get your eBook: 135 Empowering Affirmations for Women now for only $9.95 and start your transformation TODAY!
Order an audio CD: 135 Empowering Affirmations for Women read by Mila Diamond over energizing music by visiting Amazon.
Enjoy while getting ready in the morning, driving or working out. It will inspire and energize you!
Order TODAY: Click here to Buy Audio CD
Article and Affirmations by Mila Diamond
Copyright 2015 Diamond Mind Coaching, LLC. All rights reserved.